- As you get older, your skin naturally becomes less elastic and more fragile. Decreased production of natural oils dries your skin and makes it appear more wrinkles. Fat in the deeper layers of your skin diminishes. This causes loose, saggy skin and more-pronounced lines and crevices.
- Ultraviolet radiation is the primary cause of early wrinkling. Exposure to UV light breaks down your skin's connective tissue — collagen and elastin fibres. Without the supportive connective tissue, your skin loses strength and flexibility. Skin then begins to sag and wrinkle prematurely.
- Also, some other factors can contribute to wrinkles such as smoking, pollution, diet, lifestyle and repeated facial expressions.
- Protect your skin from the sun every day by using sunscreen that is broad-spectrum, SPF 30 or higher and water-resistant.
- Apply self-tanner rather than get a tan.
- If you smoke, stop.
- Avoid repetitive facial expressions. Wearing sunglasses can help reduce lines caused by squinting.
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet.
- Drink less alcohol.
- Exercise most days of the week.
- Cleanse your skin gently. Scrubbing your skin clean can irritate your skin. Irritating your skin accelerates skin aging.
- Wash your face twice a day and after sweating heavily.
- Apply a facial moisturizer every day. Moisturizer traps water in our skin, giving it a more youthful appearance.
- Stop using skin care products that sting or burn. Irritating your skin can make it look older.
- Use treatments formulated with clinically proven ingredients.
- Make sure your products contain effective concentrations of active anti-aging ingredients.
- Layer your products to address different aging skin symptoms. For example, use a treatment proven to diminish wrinkles, one that eliminates age spots, and another to treat dark under eye circles.
Discovering the optimal skin care solution to address your body’s unique signs of aging can be challenging—especially if you have a complicating skin condition, such as eczema or hyperpigmentation.
At CarePlus compounding, we can createcustom-formulated anti-aging skin care solutions, designed specifically to address your complex skin care needsand helps your skin to look younger.
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Brighten and tone the skin for a more youthful appearance
- Soothe dry, cracked skin
- Smooth skin tone and pigmentation
- Reduce visibility of scar tissue